To meet and get to know new people in Emilia-Romagna there are several opportunities offered by online tools, associations and local services. Here are some suggestions.
Recreational activities offered by the Universities
Each University of the Region reports through its portal, cultural, social and recreational initiatives:
- Università of Bologna: Student Associations and Free Time
- Università of Bologna - CAMPUS Ravenna: Campus Services - Not just studying
- Università of Bologna - CAMPUS Rimini: Campus Services - Not just studying
- Università of Bologna - CAMPUS Forlì: Campus Services - Not just studying
- Università of Bologna - CAMPUS Cesena: Campus Services - Studying and beyond
- Università of Modena and Reggio Emilia: Services and facilities
- Università of Ferrara: Servizi studenti internazionali - Culture and spare time (only in Italian)
- Università of Parma: Erasmus & International Home
- Università Cattolica - CAMPUS Piacenza: Vivere il Campus (only in Italian)
Networking for researchers and graduate/doctorate students
The Area S3 spaces of ART-ER were created to facilitate the rapprochement between Italian and foreign students and researchers, and the educational, professional and entrepreneurial opportunities offered by the regional research and innovation ecosystem. Area S3 spaces promote knowledge and exchange between foreign students and researchers and the communities of innovators in the region (research laboratories, fab-labs, incubators, start-ups, etc.), through the annual organization of networking events and updates on the opportunities offered by the ecosystem of research and regional innovation throughout the Emilia-Romagna region.
Contact the Area S3 referenced person closest to you:
Sports in Emilia-Romagna is practiced and widespread in many sectors, both at competitive and amateur levels, with a wide choice of sporting activities from the most common to those less widespread at a national level.
The universities of the Region, through the services of the CUS - University Sports Center, offer various opportunities:
- Università Cattolica (Piacenza) - CUS Milano
- Università of Parma - CUS (only in Italian)
- Università of Modena and Reggio Emilia - CUS (only in Italian)
- Università of Bologna - CUS (only available in Italian language)
- Other CUS offices in Bologna (Cesena, Forlì, Ravenna, Rimini) (only in Italian)
- Università of Ferrara - CUS (only in Italian)
Further opportunities are offered by the main sports clubs: Sports Club Database in Emilia-Romagna (only in Italian)
Foreign student associations
ESN - Erasmus Student Network in Emilia Romagna is a European association of university students whose purpose is to promote and support international exchanges between students:
AEGEE is the Forum of European students and is present in Emilia-Romagna with the territorial branches of Bologna and Ferrara
Meetup is a platform to find and build local communities:
Expat is an online community dedicated to expats to have a point of reference where they can exchange information, share opinions, but also organize meetings with other expats, compatriots and others:
Urban trekking is the ideal way to meet new people and the city you moved to. It is in fact a new way of doing tourism, less structured and far from the most popular circuits, which favors the most hidden and least known corners of the Italian cities of art.
For more information look at the web pages dedicated to Emilia-Romagna and to the city where you live:
In Emilia-Romagna there are many voluntary associations in different areas of intervention. To identify the voluntary associations where to serve or to participate in the events that they organize, it is possible to subscribe to the newsletter of the service centers for local volunteering where they reside, provincial or sub-provincial structures that represent the main voluntary associations active in the area that organize events and activities open to all.
Moreover, thanks to the regional register of voluntary associations present in Emilia-Romagna it is possible to carry out a search by area and territory and to identify the most suitable association.
For more information: