By BUS in Emilia-Romagna
The local public transport service includes both the urban bus service in the main cities and the extra-urban service.
The companies that manage the service in Emilia-Romagna are:
- SETA SpA in the territories of Modena, Reggio Emilia and Piacenza (only in Italian)
- TPER SpA in the territories of Bologna and Ferrara (only in Italian)
- START Romagna SpA in the territories of Ravenna, Forlì-Cesena and Rimini
- TEP SpA, in the territory of Parma
- Bus Schedule (only in Italian)
- Mobility - integrated bus and train fares (only in Italian)
By TRAIN in Emilia-Romagna
The railway network extends over the territory of the Emilia-Romagna region and connects the main cities of the region and external regional ones
- Railway network in Emilia-Romagna (only in Italian)
- Train schedule and fares (only in Italian)
- Mobility – integrated bus and train fares (only in Italian)
By BICYCLE in Emilia-Romagna
The Emilia-Romagna region is known on the peninsula as the region where the bicycle is used more frequently to move around. For this reason, there are many bike paths that also have an innovative system of shared bicycles rentals, to move more easily around the city and also to help reduce traffic and pollution.
- Mi Muovo in Bici (I move with a bicycle): the public regional rental service (only in Italian)
- Bicycle paths in Emilia-Romagna (only in Italian)
DRIVING in Italy
If your driving license has been issued in an EU country it is also recognized in Italy and you must not replace it provided that:
- It is valid
- you have reached the age required to drive a vehicle of the equivalent category
- has not been suspended or subject to restrictions and has not been revoked in the country that issued it.
If your driving license has been issued in a non-EU country, you can drive in Italy for a maximum period of 1 year and the license must be accompanied by an international driving permit or a sworn translation of the driving license.
After a year, in order to continue driving in Italy you must:
- convert the driving license
- or redo the license exams and obtain the Italian one
For more information:
CAR-SHARING in Emilia-Romagna
Car sharing is the set of activities related to the use of a car by several people, a short-term car rental service, where the cars are made available by a company (private or public) and distributed in the urban centers. Customers, once registered for the service, can usually choose and book the car via the internet. Access to the car normally takes place via the downloaded App or a specific card.
In Emilia-Romagna this practice is spreading in some urban centers: