Invest in Emilia-Romagna: the new call is out now!
The sixth call to attract innovative investments in Emilia-Romagna has been published - Deadline: 14/10/2022
The Emilia-Romagna Region published the call “Attraction of Investments in Emilia-Romagna” to access the Agreements for the Settlement and Development of Enterprises.
Thoughout 2023 and 2024 companies can access 13.2 million Euros and the Regional Government could also increase the amount according to the received proposals.
The aim is to foster investments, innovation and competitiveness of the regional value chains, with a specific focus on R&D and job creation.
Applications can be submitted from 20 July to 14 October 2022 (12am).
The call is open to:
- R&D INVESTMENT ≥ 2 MILLION EUROS
- With at least 20 ADDITIONAL EMPLOYEES to be hired (compared to company’s employees already active in Emilia-Romagna on 4 th July, 2022 - data of approval of the regional call)
- At least 30% OF THE ADDITIONAL EMPLOYEES HAVE TO BE GRADUATED
Enterprises that produce goods and services
- that are NOT YET ACTIVE IN THE REGION and intend to invest in Emilia-Romagna with at least one local production unit to be settled before the signing of the agreement
- are ALREADY PRESENT IN THE REGION (with at least one local unit)
The participation of new companies is allowed if they meet the following requirements:
- have a corporate structure such that the majority of the shares in the share capital of the newly established company are held, directly or indirectly, by at least two parties, with legal personality, independent of each other and not belonging to the same Group
- have a share capital approved and paid up at the time of signing the Agreement, or no later than 90 days from the date of transmission of the first provision for granting the grant submission of the application, equal to at least the amount of the requested contribution.
- R&D - this action is mandatory to be eligible for the call
- RESEARCH FACILITIES (even if together with other private and public entities)
- ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION: energy production from renewable sources
- EMPLOYEES TRAINING PROJECTS: only for companies not already present in Emilia Romagna before the 4th of July 2022
- NEW PRODUCTIVE INVESTMENTS: for interventions aimed to carry out the technological and digital transformation of enterprises according to the "Industry 4.0" model (for SMEs and also for large enterprises in the assisted areas)
Link and contacts:
- Contact point: firstname.lastname@example.org - +39 051 6450429
- Call, documentation and forms (in Italian https://imprese.regione.emilia-romagna.it/Finanziamenti/internazionalizzazione/attrazione-investimenti-in-emilia-romagna-accordi-regionali-di-insediamento-e-sviluppo-delle-imprese-anno-2022 )
Overall results of the previous calls (2016-21)
- 76 investment programs
- about 3000 new jobs
- 18 R&D centers (also available to third parties)
- 340 million euros of investments eligible for financing
- 123 million euros of incentives
Among the selected companies that invested in Emilia-Romagna there were AVL, Teko Telecom (JMA Wireless), B.Braun, Lamborghini and Ducati (Volkswagen / Audi group), Qura, FEV Italia, Borgwarner Systems Lugo, Energica Motor Company, FAW-Silk EV.