SELF-EMPLOYMENT AND BUSINESS START-UP
Counselling and support for self-employment and business start-up* is one of the services provided by the Job Centres in Emilia-Romagna.
For those who are looking for a professional opportunity and are interested in a different path to employed work, the service can help focus on solutions which may take the form of starting a business, even a one-person business, or becoming self-employed.
EmiliaRomagnaSTARTUP is the service for start-ups and aspiring entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas. The services offered for start-ups are:
- infodesk*, the first guidance service in all the provinces of the territory;
- pool of experts* on labour law, intellectual property protection, crowdfunding, fiscal, administrative and corporate issues, access to capital and finance;
- incubation at the ART-ER Greenhouses;
- training and internationalisation courses in Silicon Valley and other programs in the US;
- participation in national and international trade fairs, with free access by invitation;
- search for funders, networking meetings, matching with established companies and managers.
*These services are listed in Italian but they are also available in English.
INVEST IN EMILIA-ROMAGNA
The Emilia-Romagna Region promotes new investments in its territory through a series of incentives consisting of funds with European, national and regional resources. Invest in Emilia-Romagna offers specific support to apply for regional and national incentives for investments that are relevant from a dimensional and strategic point of view and provides information on the main procedures for setting up a business.
Invitalia is the National Development Agency under the Italian Ministry of the Economy. It manages all national incentives to create new enterprises and innovative start-ups. It finances large and small projects, targeting entrepreneurs with concrete development plans, especially in innovative and high value-added sectors.
PRACTICAL GUIDE TO SETTING UP A BUSINESS IN EUROPE
The website is dedicated to those who want to start a business with information and practical guides on setting up and running a business, with details on taxation, marketing, recruitment and funds and financing.
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a paid European programme that also helps provide aspiring European entrepreneurs with the skills necessary to start and/or successfully run a small business in Europe. New entrepreneurs gather and exchange knowledge and business ideas with an experienced entrepreneur, with whom they stay and collaborate for a period of 1 to 6 months.