With Cultural and Creative Industries (ICC - Industrie Culturali e Creative) not only traditional artistic fields are intended (visual arts, performing arts, literature, music) but also design, fashion, crafts, cultural heritage, tourism and urban reactivation, publishing, communication and new media.
The Emilia-Romagna region understands the growth potential of a sector that is becoming one of the most important and is expanding with regard to the economic fabric, the cornerstone of ‘Made in Italy’ throughout the world. Emilia-Romagna is home to many UNESCO heritage sites dedicated not only to maritime tourism but also to large amusement parks known throughout Europe, and much more. These represent significant opportunities thanks to the creative capacity, quality of design and of materials combined with the existing excellence in the area, the skills and know-how of small artisan businesses and SMEs - small and medium enteprises.
In Emilia-Romagna the opportunities for study, work and business in the field of Cultural and Creative Industries are strongly interrelated thanks to the presence of networks of different areas (Higher Technology Network, Technopolis, Clust-ER, and Startup) that are coordinated by ART-ER, in its role as "accelerator of innovation" in the region.
The regional ecosystem of research and innovation can be divided into thematic centers, for each of which it is possible to identify the laboratories of the Higher Technology Network. These are organizations capable of exploiting the results of research including: economic and social purposes; the Clust-ER; and private business associations, research centers, training institutions that share skills, ideas and resources to support the competitiveness of the sector they are managing.
For more information on the field of specialization in "cultural and creative industries" and its opportunities:
- ART-ER - "Cultural and Creative Industries" thematic presidium (only in Italian)
- Mak-ER Association - The digital manufacturing network in Emilia-Romagna (only in Italian)
- The Cultural and Creative Clust-ER
- Emilia-Romagna Startup - "Cultural and Creative Industries"
- Invest in Emilia-Romagna - "Culture and Creativity"
- Invest in Emilia-Romagna - "Fashion"
- Giovazoom Emilia-Romagna "Culture and Education"
- E-R Talenti & Innovazione: study and job opportunities “Cultural and Creative Industries” (only in Italian)