EFSA Traineeships Call 2023
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), based in Parma, Italy is opening positions for Trainees in different units and departments
Are you a young graduate looking for a challenging experience in a stimulating, dynamic and multicultural working environment? Are you curious to explore a career path within an European Agency? Do you want to contribute to the creation of a more sustainable and safe food system in the EU?
Then look no further and apply for a 12 months traineeship at EFSA!
Deadline for applications: 15th May 2023 at 23:59 (local time - GMT +1)
EFSA is looking for motivated new talents from different academic and professional backgrounds (scientists, communication and legal professionals, IT experts, etc...).
The Traineeship call is open to both EU and non - EU candidates. Should they be selected, non - EU candidates will be required to obtain the relevant VISA to start their traineeship at EFSA.
The foreseen monthly grant is €1,463.
- Candidates apply electronically via the online recruitment tool (selecting 2 areas of interest in order of their preferences). Candidates can update or withdraw their applications at any time until the closure of the Call
- Applications are screened against the eligibility criteria defined in the Traineeship Call
- Eligible candidates will be screened by EFSA's Units, considering the candidates' preferences indicated in the application and their competencies. EFSA may also use online tools to assess specific skills of the eligible candidates
- Shortlisted candidates are required to undergo a further assessment (e.g. telephone/online interview, recorded video interview, online written test) to evaluate their suitability for a role and discuss mutual expectations
- As a result of the previous assessment, candidates can be selected, rejected, or placed in a reserve list for future positions
- Successful candidates will receive a Traineeship offer, stating a starting date, a Unit they will be placed in, the duration of the traineeship up to 12 months and the list of documents to be submitted before the starting date
EFSA plans to welcome trainees from October to December 2023, according to availability and business needs.
For any questions regarding this call please contact EFSA at email@example.com
You must satisfy the following requirements on the closing date for submission of your application:
I. Eligibility criteria
- Have already obtained a university degree of at least 3 years by the closing date of application
- Have a good knowledge of English (minimum level: B2 according to CEFR)
- Have never been an EFSA trainee or employed by EFSA in any capacity, receiving any sort of remuneration
- Meet the character requirements needed for the duties involved (e.g. a sworn affidavit to the effect that you have no criminal record)
II. Selection criteria
a) Experience and Knowledge
Knowledge of/ or experience in an area relating to the activities of EFSA
- Work with others: work confidently within a group and contribute to achieving common goals; understand own role and how it supports the team and the organisation; be able to cooperate, listen actively, manage conflicts and motivate colleagues
- Plan and measure for results: set ambitious goals and create plans to achieve them.
- Manage projects: ability to manage time, resources, and information in an effective manner to meet expected project results
- Demonstrate political savvy and strategic agility: ability to look beyond the current situation and visualise what the future can bring, able to think in a creative and innovative way
- Communication in English: ability to effectively communicate in English